Friday, August 26, 2011

My Dad

"By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families." 

 

One of my earliest memories war probably when I was around 3 it is sitting on my dad's lap while he took off my earnings. I love this memory!  I love how he would have me come and sit on his lap as he would carefully take-out my earnings. It truly shows my dads love.

When I was little I loved when my dad would come home from work. When it got time for him to come home I would go hide. When I heard him come in I would yell for him to come find me. I'm sure he knew right where I was when I yelled but he played around and I thought I was such a good hider.

I love these and many many more memories I have with my dad. I am grateful for the time that he took out of his life to talk to me and teach me. I still remember and apply many of the things he taught me.

One of the most important things that we can learn from our fathers is to learn Jesus Christ. In the Book of Mormon there are many examples of fathers who taught of Jesus Christ. The first verse in the Book of Mormon says, "I Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father." Later a man name Enos says, "Behold, it came to pass that I Enos, knowing my father that he was a just man-- for he taught me in his language, and also in the nurture and admonition of the Lord-- and blessed be the name of my God for it"

Just as these men are grateful to their fathers for being taught in the ways of the Lord so am I. I am grateful for my father who taught me about Jesus Christ. He taught by example and with love, which I will ever be grateful for.

"Let us reflect gratitude for our fathers. Father... is ever willing to sacrifice his own comfort for that of his children. Daily he toils to provide the necessities of live, never complaining, ever concerned for the well-being of his family. This love for children, this desire to see them well and happy, is a constant time of change."
-Thomas S. Monson

Thank You Dad! I Love You!

Click Here to get a free Book of Mormon to learn more about Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment