Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fishers of Men




I received a package from home everything had to do with fish, or fishing. Kind of an interesting package you might think. It had a lot more meaning to it than just treats and letters from home.


And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him. Matthew 4:18-22



Right now I'm a missionary. A fisher of men. I spend my days talking to people and helping them come unto Christ. Just as Peter, Andrew, James, and John chose to follow Christ when invited to become fishers of men so have I.  



My call came a little different than the apostles that were fishing. It came in the form of a letter in a big white envelop. My call was to serve as a missionary in the Tennessee Nashville area. I listened to that call and left my "nets." Or rather my family, friends, school, hobbies, and other things that I enjoyed. 




I am so grateful that I chose to follow Christ and become of fisher of men. I love seeing people's lives change as they make the choice to follow Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment