Thursday, March 3, 2011

We must Act!

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only
James 2:26 Far as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also

We must act  we cannot just believe. Joseph Smith read James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. This scripture calls for action to ask God. That is what Joseph Smith did... he prayed. He received his answer when he exercised his faith and he acted.

Just as Joseph Smith followed the council given in James so have I. I have asked God if the account of Joseph Smith did happen, if he really did see God the Father and Jesus Christ, and if the Book of Mormon is true. I asked, I acted and when I did so the Holy Ghost witnessed to me that Joseph Smith did receive an answer to his prayer and that through him the Book of Mormon was translated, and it is another testament of Jesus Christ. Knowing this brings so much peace to my life. It strengthens my faith. I know that because he has answered my prayer, Joseph Smith's prayer, and so many others that he will answer your prayer. But we must have faith, and we must act!

No comments:

Post a Comment