Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Faith

I love faith, I love learning more about faith. Bishop Richard C. Edgley gave a great talk in General Conferance, Faith--the Choice is Yours.

"Choose faith over doubt, choose faith over fear, choose faith over the unknown and the unseen, and choose faith over pessimism.
"When the disciples asked Jesus why they could not cast a devil out as they had just witnessed the Savior do, Jesus answered, “If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove” (Matthew 17:20). I have never witnessed the removal of an actual mountain. But because of faith I have seen a mountain of doubt and despair removed and replaced with hope and optimism. Because of faith I have personally witnessed a mountain of sin replaced with repentance and forgiveness. And because of faith I have personally witnessed a mountain of pain replaced with peace, hope, and gratitude. Yes, I have seen mountains removed."

Just as he has seen mountains removed by faith so have I. What a blessing it is to be able to see these mountains removed by faith. When we have overcome these things we are so much stronger and we have grown so much.

Faith is a choice so I add to  Bishop Edgley and say "Let us choose faith." I know that as we choose faith, we choose to beleive in Jesus Christ, then to act on our belief we will be strengthend. We will be able to over come the mountains in our life no matter what they may be.  As we choose Faith we will be happier, we will have more joy in our lives and we will be able to make it through those hard times in our lives.

I'm so grateful for my faith and the strength it has given to me. You to can find this faith to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment