Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Patience


Sometimes it is so hard to be patient. We live in a world where we want things now. But God is Patient... and so he wants us to be patient. Patience is the ability to do God's will and accept his timing.

I think by having patience it shows many things. It shows love. When we are patient with others we show our love for them as we help them. So many times it would be easier to do things our self, but what would they learn. I taught kids how to sew. So many times I could see they were struggling and I just wanted to do it for them. I was a lot more experienced, I could do it quickly then they could continue working on it. But what would that teach them they would never be able to do it by them self. By being patient and helping them they were able to do more and to learn for them self.

Another thing that patience shows is our trust. To be patient we must have trust in the Lord. We must know that if we do our best and serve him, and follow him the best we can things will work out. But it is hard. When it takes a long time we start to doubt. But He is always there for us... He will not leave us alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment