Friday, March 4, 2011

Relief Society


The purpose of Relief Society as established by the Lord is to prepare women for the blessings of eternal life by helping them:
  1. Increase their faith and personal righteousness.
  2. Strengthen their families and homes.
  3. Serve the Lord and His children.
"We want to come unto Christ. When the Prophet Joseph Smith organized the Relief Society, he said that the women were not only to look after the poor but also to save souls. 1 This is still our purpose. We are to assist in the Lord’s work of salvation, which is 'to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man' (Moses 1:39)." Sister Julie B. Beck

I have such a great love of Relief Society. As a young girl I always remember my mom talking to me about Releif Society (RS). She would share with me the things she learned and she would tell me how much she love RS. Because of my mom's love and testimony I developed a love for RS. I was so excited when one day I would be old enough to be apart of RS myself. I didn't understand when my friends didn't want to be apart of this great organization. An organization that was truly inspired by Joseph Smith.

Relief Society has made a difference in my life, it has helped me become closer to the Lord, it has strengthend my faith, and it has brought me friends. Relief Society has also made a difference in the world as sisters work together and help eachother with love for eachother and our Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment