Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Scriptures are my Friends

Nephi, Moroni, Noah, Abish, Moses, Jonah and many others are my friends. I have never met them but I am able to connect with them as I read the scriptures. As I read their accounts I am able to receive strength for my life. Elder Scott said, "Learning, pondering, searching, and memorizing scriptures is like a filling a filing cabinet with friends, values, and truths that can be called upon anytime, anywhere in the world." How great that is! Our friends aren't always able to be with us. But our scripture friends can be. I love the scriptures. I had never thought of them as friends until Elder Scott gave this talk. But I am now grateful that I am able to look to them as friends. I cherish the words they speak to me.

Read the scriptures. Memorize scriptures and make new friendships yourself!

In the Bible and the Book of Mormon there are many friendships to make. If you don't have a copy of either book click here.
Bible or Book of Morom


2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Sister Koford you know where its at my friend. I love that photo of you! How did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to share my testimony of this!
    After I read the same talk I realized how right he was! In primary we memorized scriptures in Primary and in Seminary and I still remember some of them. The ones I still remember come to mind when I'm struggling or having a hard time. After they come to mind I feel comforted. That is how scriptures are friends to me, they are always there when I need them.

    ReplyDelete