Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Body is a Temple

On Sunday in Relief Society we had a lesson about our bodies being a temple. We started by listing words that describe the temple. We then read 1 Corinthians 3:16-17
"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."
The teacher then read off our list but used the list to discribe our body. It was so powerful. So many times we forget that our bodies are sacred. They are wonderful!

Temples look so different. It doesn't matter what they look like what matters is the work that goes on there. That is the same with our bodies. It doesn't matter what we look like but the work we perform. Let's do good!

I am grateful for my body and the things that I am able to do. I am grateful that I am able to be a missionary and do the Lord's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment