Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween as a Missionary

As a missionary I go out and work everyday. However, since yesterday was Halloween we stayed inside and watched The Testaments. The Testaments is a movie about when Christ appears to the people in the ancient Americas after he was resurrected. (See 3 Nephi 11)

After we watched the movie we wrote our testimonies to our mission president and his wife. It was a great opportunity to reflect on the truths that I hold so dear to my heart and to be able to write them down. As well as writing my testimony I was able to share with them some goals that I have. "I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don't set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life." -Elder M. Russell Ballard

Last night I also wrote my testimony in 10 copies of The Book of Mormon to give out this week. I felt guided as I wrote a personally testimony in each book. I know that The Book of Mormon is true. I know it testifies of Christ just as the Bible does. The Book of Mormon gives me so much comfort, peace and strength in my life as I read from it. There are so many things we can learn as we read this book. I know that you can know for yourself that this book is true by reading and praying about it. I know that because as I read it and pray about it, my heart is touched and I know that it is true.

"Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me." Alma 5:45-46

No comments:

Post a Comment