Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tour of Nashville


I grew up in Utah but I now live miles away in Tennessee. I have been here for 9 months but I had never been to Nashville. A couple of weeks ago a sweet lady that goes to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with me took us to see Nashville. Our adventure started with going to the Temple. The temple is a very special place where we learn and we make covenants, or promises, with God.


I enjoy the feelings of love and peace that is found in the temple. I feel closer to God when I'm in the temple than anywhere else.
After the temple we saw many fun things. We saw the globe at the WWII memorial and the Parthenon at Centennial park.


Even though I loved seeing the things around Nashville it does not compare to that of the temple. President Thomas S. Monson said "The temple provides purpose for our lives. It brings peace to our souls--not the peace provided by men but the peace promised by the Son of God when He said, 'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you'."

No comments:

Post a Comment