Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Refiner's Fire

"Refiner. A man who separates the precious metals from the dross with which in nature they are usually found mixed. Part of the process consists in the application of great heat, in order to bring the mass into a fluid state, hence the term “refiner’s fire.” Christ is the great Refiner."

Many times in our lives we go through hard times to be made better, to be refined.

My mission is a refiner's fire. It is by far the hardest thing I have done. With each new day comes new challenges. But I can see how I'm being refined. I am learning and growing more than I ever had. I see the Lord in my life. When I don't see His hand as much as I think I should that is when my prayers become more frequent and more hart felt. That is when my relation with God is strengthened more than ever.

"Here
then is a great truth. In the pain, the agony, and the heroic endeavors of life, we pass through a refiner’s fire, and the insignificant and the unimportant in our lives can melt away like dross and make our faith bright, intact, and strong. In this way the divine image can be mirrored from the soul. It is part of the purging toll exacted of some to become acquainted with God. In the agonies of life, we seem to listen better to the faint, godly whisperings of the Divine Shepherd.

"For some, the refiner’s fire causes a loss of belief and faith in God, but those with eternal perspective understand that such refining is part of the perfection process.

"Out of the refiner’s fire can come a glorious deliverance. It can be a noble and lasting rebirth. The price to become acquainted with God will have been paid. There can come a sacred peace. There will be a reawakening of dormant, inner resources. A comfortable cloak of righteousness will be drawn around us to protect us and to keep us warm spiritually. Self-pity will vanish as our blessings are counted." James E. Faust

I know there are many hard things in life. You have probably gone through a lot more than me. But hold on, keep your faith, and let the Lord refine you.

No comments:

Post a Comment