Tuesday, February 14, 2012

65 years

My grandparents have been married 65 years today! What a great example they are to me and the rest of their posterity. I am grateful for the time I have been able to spend with them and observe the love they have for each other. My grandpa would refer to my grandma as Queen, because he knows she will one day become a queen.
My mom wrote and told me how my grandpa was sick and had to spend some time in the hospital and rehabilitation center. She would tell me how my grandma would spend as much time there as she could, sleeping there many nights.
I love my grandparents so much. I am so grateful that they were sealed in the temple 65 years ago. Because of that they are able to be together for this life and all eternity.
It was through Joseph Smith that the God of heaven revealed the truth that the family may endure beyond the grave-- that they sympathies, affections, and love for each other may exist forever.
We qualify for these blessings when we go with a companion to the house of the Lord and receive the sealing ordinaces that bind the family unit beyond the grave. These blessings are received in no other way, for as the Lord has decreed, 'Except ye abide my law ye cannot attain to this glory' (D&C 132:21), which glory is an eternal increase (see D&C 132:19).
-Ezra Taft Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment