Friday, September 2, 2011

Missionary Work

I love general conference! It is getting closer only a month away!  During general conference our church leaders speak to us and tell us what it is God would have us to do and to know.

Last October conference I was in the MTC (mission training center) preparing to come to Tennessee and teach the gospel. One of the first things that was shared was from the prophet this is what he said...

First, to young men of the Aaronic Priesthood and to you young men who are becoming elders: ...every worthy, able young man should prepare to serve a mission... A word to you young sisters: while you do not have the same priesthood responsibility as do the young men to serve as full-time missionaries, you also make a valuable contribution as missionaries, and we welcome your service.  -President Monson

It touched me so much then to hear him talk of this important work of sharing the gospel. But it means even more to me now as I have been a part of this great work. I have seen lives blessed by the message of the gospel, a message of love and hope. I am so grateful for the choice that I made to come and serve the Lord. It is not an easy thing to do, but I know that my life and so many others lives have been blessed by this choice to serve.

Click here to find out how your life can be blessed by the message I share each day. Or ask me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment