Monday, May 16, 2011

My not so ordinary life

I am a very ordinary girl and for 18 months I have a not so ordinary life. I have a life of a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I wake up at 6:30 exercise for 30 minutes. Get ready. Study the scriptures for 2 hours. Then leave the apartment for the day.

My days are spent talking to people about our savior Jesus Christ. I share with them a unique message, a message that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth. This message which I share brings joy to so many lives. It has brought me joy in my life. It is a message that there is a prophet, just like Noah or Moses, once again on the earth. If we follow the prophet he will guide us back to our Heavenly Father.

It isn't an easy thing to go up to strangers and start talking to them about religion. Sometimes people don't want to listen to me, they shut the door on me, their dogs attack me, and they aren't always very nice. But I do it because I have something wonderful to share with them. I do it because our Heavenly Father loves each on of His children so much and He wants everyone to hear this message. I have it so I must share it!

There are times when someone really wants to hear my message and they ask, "What do you believe?" They listen to my message and then they act upon it and do the things our Heavenly Father has asked us to. When they do this their lives change; they become closer to our Heavenly Father, which brings them happiness. It is during these times that all the hard times are worth it and I have strength to keep going.

I love being a missionary! It is definitely not what most people my age are doing and it is not easy but I love serving the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I love it too! But I don't love that picture of us :)

    ReplyDelete